Tinderland

So, after a long day, with all my home-plus-assignments chores done that night - I'd thought to give Pooh a call. It was at midnight; around 12ish. And, of course I knew she'd be awake. How? Well, the guy she's head over heels with, could only possibly make time for her during these hours. Yeah, I wonder why at late nights only. But anyway, coming back to what happened that night and to forthcomings. It was one of my random/ casual call. Nothing biggie I'd say (Ok, I was seriously getting bored that night). And she'd picked up. With how our conversations were flowing, I automatically observed that he hadn't been messaging her much; and also because erm she told me so.

As we began, to talk about each and every other topic that could consume the whole universe news, in our tiny one hour call, I stumbled on hearing her say... " Something Something Tinder". Now, all I ever heard about that app was - Dating, Dating and Booty call.

The closest I've ever come to that app is through my childhood friend 'Jenni'; and that was just a few months back. She gave me a tour of that app at the time I was living in Bangalore with her. Not that she uses that app - but it was kind enough of her to especially download it to make me aware of how the app works. I don't think I will ever use it but had to kill that curiousity. *killed it*

But, again, wait a minute; I was handling someone's account for a few days now. To be precise, it had been 5 days and 6th counting, considering today. My job here was to only set up dates for her and from there on, she'll take the lead. She's a busy beautiful gal. She's 'Kris'.

Coming back to Pooh talking about something something Tinder, it was actually, "I downloaded Tinder". And I'm like, "why". I wondered, what made her take that step. Like, didn't she seriously like that guy? (She's craaaazzzyyyyyy about that guy).

OK, now about THAT  guy, he's called 'Sammy' and is from a navy family background, lives in New Mumbai, works (lives and breathes) in ship, has maximum female friends and well, you can also call him 'the abs guy'. Although, abs are getting really common these days, thanks to steroids. She likes them because they're real (I have no proof though, guys). This is important to her, abs. So, had to mention them. Abs. Sorry, abs. Sorry, again. Ab..Ok. Alright. It doesn't mean all to her. The face matters. The expression. There you go, I told the real deal. 

Anyway I asked her, "Why suddenly Tinder, I thought things were going really great with this abs guy?" (Translated to English from Hindi). Pooh replied back with a little disappointment in her voice, "It was, from my side. But he's been ignoring me I feel. Gives me less time, each day." (Again, translated to English from Hindi). 

Since, he never asked her out to be his girlfriend, I'd seen no harm in her doings. She can join Tinder or any other app as she likes.

Later, the next day, 'Kris' was arriving that late evening. We had to meet at the Seawoods Grand Central mall, to exchange certain things at a store for her. I believe it were a pair of heels and a trouser. They had to be exchanged, it looked ridiculous, too simple patterns. Also, the fittings weren't good either. While making calls to her, I also made a call to Pooh; letting her know that since I am going to the mall I had a feeling that I'd be buying something. So given that, I needed my homegirl. We all three then directly met at the store - Westside; where the exchange had to be done. 

Let me tell you an unconventional fact, it's that - when Pooh and I have no intentions of buying anything - well, the whole store looks like a bride. But, when we intend so, that whole store looks like a garbage. We brainstorm like real nerds and think, is it the same store that we walked in earlier. And in some days, we feel like a lost child, asking, "Why is this happening to us?" Like, just think, did the designer of this brand died or got bed ridden? How can there be such a big difference! Divine Mommy, tell us, where are all the good stuffs that we'd like earlier? I am aware I stretched this explaination too far. But do you get us? It's a weird evil cycle we'd be experiencing, with shopping. Especially, when together. So, touched by our curse my sista was only able to exchange one. (No surprise there) Leaving me, with no buying as I'd expected. 

I saw the time, on my cell, it was late already. So, Pooh decided that she'll stay back at my house. We've been having a lot of sleepovers, so her staying at my place was more than normal now. After dinner and sometime more, we got to my bedroom, I sat on the bed while she prefered sitting on the chair of my studying table. The moment I sat, I got started off with my duty, chatting on Tinder (for, you know who). Whilst, Pooh was completely silent, rotating her chair; slowly. After a few minutes, she finally spoke and she'd shared how her experience on Tinder is going from bad to worse. I'd shut my phone and started listening to her. It is partly true that guys here are looking for one nights, but it could also be because girls are trying to become easy here. 

...to be continued.

{To see the character of 'Kris', click 'thebluetifullady'}

Comments

Popular Posts